CLC`s Head Spanish Teacher, Flor, who hails from Argentina, shares her favourite red wines from her country as well as a couple of other international brands. Read on to learn more about her top choices for the holiday season.
Flo`s Top Five Bottles of Red Wine
1) Trapiche Broquel Malbec – Great Argentinian wine and also affordable! I tried it for the first time here in Montreal and it was an amazing find! It’s a fantastic Malbec, not too strong but very aromatic, ideal for meals with meat or poultry, or just to enjoy a glass (or two) with some good charcuterie.
2) Alamos Seleccion Malbec – by far, one of my favourites. Woody, aromatic and robust. If you want to try a great Malbec, you won’t go wrong with this one. It can also make an excellent gift for someone who has never tried Argentinian wine.
3) Desierto 25/5 Cabernet Franc – This was an awesome find. It is stronger and quite different from a Malbec. It goes great with meat and stews and it’s a good option if you want to try a different kind of Argentinian wine.
And here are two more delicious wines from other countries:
4) De Gras Reserva Cabernet-Sauvignon – At only $11.10 this Chilean wine is a great deal for us wine lovers! It is arguably one of the best wines I’ve found in the SAQ for such a low price! Very tasty and aromatic, it’s ideal for a good chili dish or stew.
5) Castillo de Almansa Reserva – This is a delicious red wine from Castilla la Mancha in Spain. Really good quality for the price (only $13.40) and excellent for any meal. Best part, this one is also available in a 1.5L bottle.
All of the wines listed above are currently available at the SAQ.
Wanna add another wine recommendation to this list? We would love to hear from you. Please leave us a comment below.
Salud! Cheers! Santé! Kanpai!