Sho Takashima is CLC Montreal’s Head Japanese Teacher. She has been teaching at the school for the past 3 years and is also a professional pianist. These are her top five Japanese movies of all time!
- Summer Wars.“A student tries to fix a problem he accidentally caused in OZ, a digital world, while pretending to be the fiancé of his friend at her grandmother’s 90th birthday.” http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1474276/
- Ghost In the Shell: Innocence. “In the year 2032, Batô, a cyborg detective for the anti-terrorist unit Public Security Section 9, investigates the case of a female robot–one created solely for sexual pleasure–who slaughtered her owner.” http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0347246/
- Departures. (Academy Award Winner/ Montreal Film Festival 2008) “A newly unemployed cellist takes a job preparing the dead for funerals.” http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1069238/
- The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. “A high-school girl named Makoto acquires the power to travel back in time, and decides to use it for her own personal benefits. Little does she know that she is affecting the lives of others just as much as she is her own.” http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0808506/
- Dolls. “Three stories of never-ending love.” http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0330229/
So if you want to practice your Japanese skills, take a peek at some or all of these films. Try to watch them with subtitles and then again without to take your Japanese to the next level. And if you’re really looking to improve your Japanese, then join our next evening course beginning Tuesday, November 15th! To register, simply fill out our online registration form: http://www.clcmontreal.com/register/.