Montrealers have been enjoying the fantastic weather as of late. In case you weren’t aware or didn’t bother checking the weather forecast (because, honestly, Montreal weather is quite unpredictable), this coming long weekend is looking very nice and warm with temperatures possibly reaching 25 degrees Celsius. Yes, you heard me, 25 degrees Celsius!
Now, about the long weekend. Many establishments will be closed on Monday, May 23rd including CLC Montreal. What exactly are we celebrating? Well, in a nutshell, Canadians in every province except Quebec celebrate Queen Victoria’s birthday! Victoria was the Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland from the year 1837 until her death in 1901. In Quebec, we have a different statutory holiday occurring on the same day: Journée Nationale des Patriotes. According to the following Montreal About website (http://goo.gl/0WumHk), here’s a non-exhaustive list of what is closed and what is open on May 23rd, 2016.
- Most City of Montreal offices
- Municipal court as well as most provincial and federal offices
- The postal service and Canada Post post offices
- 311, the city of Montreal’s information hotline
- SAQ liquor stores
- Shopping Malls
- Grocery stores
- Public Markets/farmer’s markets
- Service-based businesses like hair salons, restaurants, gas stations
- Montreal Biodome
- Montreal Botanical Gardens
- Montreal Insectarium
- Montreal Science Centre
- Montreal Planetarium
What will you do this coming long weekend? Let us know in the comments below!