Since 2008, Café Juicy Lotus has been a main hub for all things vegetarian. The café boasts an impressive array of fresh salads and mains as well as offering healthy snacks such as kale chips and matcha energy balls. Upon entering the café, Ester Kim, the owner, and her staff are always warm and friendly. She explains her mission quite simply — to provide meals created from the freshest of ingredients and at an affordable price. She says that when one eats well, one can do so much good in the world. I could not agree more.
Café Juicy Lotus also offers cooking classes for vegetarian-cooking enthusiasts! If you are in the mood to try these classes, here is some information about what you will learn (as stated on their website):
- Pick up practical skills to make cooking tasty, fun and easy. Learn to create fast and simple dishes.
- Accumulate product knowledge to make shopping in health food stores a breeze.
- Adopt new eating habits to help reduce cholesterol, increase energy, promote better digestion, and build up the immune system.
- Find out which fats can harm and which fats can heal.
- Experience the culinary delights of Morocco, Italy, Thailand, Israel, India, Ethiopia, Japan, and more!
- Learn the art of raw cooking, macrobiotics, food combining, and how to prevent disease for optimal health and well-being.
All in all, Juicy Lotus is a great place to check out if you are in the Monkland Village. CLC students and staff receive a 10% discount.